No matter how big the appetites are around your table, a bowl of hearty chili tends to be bottomless the night it’s served. And thankfully so, because next-day leftovers are some of chili’s greatest gifts to the American menu. Get creative with a little dish diversity and try the following chili topped servings:
- Cincinatti Chili: Add a little allspice and cinnamon, and serve atop ropey spaghetti for a quickie Cincinatti Chili.
- Chili Dogs and Burgers: For a quick and easy dinner, top a hot dog or burger with your classic condiment fixin’s and a spoonful of chili.
- Cheesy Chili Dip: Melt chunks of your favorite cheddar cheese with leftover chili for a creamy queso-equse dip. Serve with tortilla chips for a crowd-pleasing appetizer.
- Mexican Chili Dishes: Give burritos, tacos and quesadillas a chili change-up by using leftovers in place of beans or even ground beef.
- Texas Pie: Eat your chili leftovers as Texans do. The Dallas delicacy known as "Texas Pie" is chili ladled over corn chips, topped with sour cream, shredded Cheddar, chopped onions and pickled jalapenos.
—By Emily Arno