Don’t toss the remains from last night’s pie party—put leftover slices to work in these fun recipes!
You’ll need: 2 slices pizza
1. Preheat oven to 400F. Lightly coat baking pan with cooking spray. Cut crust edges off 2 slices pizza and discard. Stack slices on top of each other, pizza toppings facing each other.
2. Cut into 1/2-inch squares. Place on baking sheet and spray tops lightly with cooking spray. Bake 6 minutes.
3. Remove from oven and press tops using a spatula to make sure tops and bottoms stick together.
Makes 16 to 18 croutons
2 slices pizza
1 1/2 slices cooked bacon
1. Cut crust edges off pizza and discard.
2. Cover 1 pizza slice with a spinach and bacon. Place remaining pizza slice on top, cheese-side facing down.
3. Cut in half crosswise.
4. Place one half in a preheated, lightly oiled waffle iron and close lid. Press lid gently until pizza softens, allowing lid to close completely.
5. Cook 12 minutes, or until crispy and brown. Serve with marinara sauce.
PIZZA BREAD PUDDING
3 slices leftover pizza, cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
1 cup milk
1/2 tsp Italian seasoning (like McCormick)
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 (2-oz) can sliced black olives, drained
1/4 cup Italian blend cheese
1. Coat an 11 x 7-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Spread pizza cubes evenly in baking dish.
2. Mix eggs, milk, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper in bowl, and pour over pizza in baking dish. Use a spatula to press pizza cubes into egg mixture until fully coated. Stir in black olives and cheese. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 30 minutes.
3. Preheat oven to 350°F. Uncover pan and bake 30 minutes or until browned on top and puffed.