Feed a man a fish and he’ll eat for a day—feed him a fillet of sole and he’ll be yours forever. A deliciously tender, flaky fish, sole bakes or broils in a snap and is perfectly accompanied by everything from a fruity salsa to crunchy slaw or creamy risotto. This easy-does-it recipe is so simple yet so elegant that it’s as perfect for a romantic dinner for two as it is an easy weeknight dinner!
Heart and Sole
4 (4-oz) Sole fillets
¼ cup good quality olive oil
Sea Salt & Freshly ground black pepper to taste
2 lemons cut into thin wheels
1 tbsp Sweet paprika
1 tbsp each, fresh dill sprigs and chopped chives
Caper Berries for garnish if desired
Extra dill for garnish if desired
1. Preheat oven broiler. Place rack in center of oven.
2. Rinse & pat fillets dry.
3. Place each fillet on baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
4. Drizzle olive oil over each fillet.
5. Lightly sprinkle sea salt & black pepper over fillets.
6. Gently squeeze lemon wheels over fish and place randomly over and under each fillet.
7. Top with a dusting of paprika, fresh dill sprigs & chopped chives.
8. Broil until fish is flaky and cooked in the center. Depending on your oven this can take as little
as about 8 minutes and as much as 12. Just test fish with a fork after 8 minutes to check
9. Serve immediately with extra dill sprigs and caper berries if desired.